St. Olave’s Grammar School celebrates a stunning 96% A*/B grades at A-Level with a total of 75% of all grades at A*/A . Fantastic GCSE results too with 90% of grades at A*/A or the new levels 9/8/7 in Mathematics and English. 67% at A* level
- A very big thank you to everyone who helped during the PA’s "Spruce Up" day on Saturday. Seven classrooms and the corridor were re-painted and the pond and Biology Garden area were cleared in order that they can be used by the Eco Club for the Royal Horticultural Society project for Years 7 and 8. It was a great atmosphere and brilliant that we got so much achieved - this will make such a difference. If you are interested in helping in the future events, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thank you to those who purchased a used Blazer. This sale (primarily for Yr 13 Leavers) raised £93.
- Thanks and congratulations in equal measure to our fantastic Parents' Association for their annual ball on Saturday evening. Hollywood met Bollywood in an evening in which haute couture met haute cuisine in a splendidly decorated Great Hall which looked fit to host the Oscars. Sumptuous food, fine company, an excellent band and a fast-moving high stakes auction made for a hugely enjoyable and successful evening enjoyed by all.Enormous thanks to everyone involved and to all who supported it in booking tickets and bidding in the auction which raised in excess of £7,000 profit
- Thank you to everyone who organised and supported the Lost Property Uniform sale in Feb 2017 - this raised £387.60
- Thank you to Everyone who supported this years PA Christmas draw which raised in the region of £3,000. These were the lucky Prizewinners
- Thanks to everyone who supported the PA Krispy Kreme doughnut sale in November 2016 which raised £300
- Thanks to the herculean efforts of the PA and all those who supported this event, the 2016 Summer Family Fun Day raised over £7,000 towards the school's current wish list.
- During 2015/16 Lost Property and Uniform sales held by the PA have raised £2,386.
- Thank you to PA members who, as part of the Uniform Sale for students joining Year 7 in September, raised £870 offering good quality used uniform for sale.
- The Sixth Form Blazer Sale raised £104 in just 45 minutes!
- The "Masquerade Ball" raised almost £8,000 - What a fantastic evening - HUGE thanks to all involved.
- To all who supported the Lost Property sale in February 2016 which raised £230.00!
- The 2015 Grand Christmas Raffle raised in excess of £3,500, thank you to all supporters.
- To date, during 2014/15 Lost Property and Uniform sales held by the PA have raised £2,288.
- To all those who supported the PA Summer Family Fun Day 2015. Over 400 visitors enjoyed magnificent sunshine, international food, the jousting inflatable, our famous BBQ and numerous stalls, helping us to raise a magnificent and much needed £7,000.
- Nearly new school uniform & sports' kits sales have raised over £1,250 during 2015 towards a 3D printer for the DT Department - thanks to your support these sales have almost reached our target of £1,750.
- Thank you to the Parents’ Association and all who took part in the recent PA Quiz Night. Over £700 was raised to purchase 2 robots for the school, increasing our resources in this growing area of interest.
More than 150 guests enjoyed a wonderful evening at the Parents’ Association Spring Ball in March, when the Great Hall was transformed into a glittering ballroom. There were plenty of opportunities to win some great prizes during the evening. The raffle, auction and Microscope Lotto raised a staggering £2,600, so thank you to everyone who gave so generously and also donated raffle prizes and auction lots. We also received a tremendous boost to our fundraising when the uncle of two St Olave’s students generously donated £3,000 to pay for all 20 advanced microscopes on the school’s “wish list”, for which we are extremely grateful. The PA has pledged to use all funds raised by the Spring Ball to purchase new science equipment for the newly extended and refurbished science block.
- For contributing to the terrific success of your PA’s Christmas Prize draw in December. We raised over £3,500 from this event, which includes £750 in Matched Funding which abled us to purchase a complete set of graphical calculators for the Mathematics department.
- To all those who supported the Christmas Saturday Event and Christmas Tree sale on 6th December. A magnificent total of £1,181 was raised towards supporting the forthcoming Rugby Tour to South Africa for 41 of our Olavians.
- To all those who supported the Magic Night on 15th November 2014 which raised a magnificent £2,000, enabling the school to purchase TWO GO PRO CAMERAS together with OTHER equipment for the ART and DT Departments.
- To all those that supported the 2014 Summer Fair which secured over £4,000 in matched funding, enabling the school to invest in new rugby posts for the PE Department.