St. Olave’s Stage 2 Entrance Test for Year 7 Entry in September 2020: Friday, 8 November 2019
The format of the Test is as follows:
Please ensure that you follow all of the instructions set out below:
- Please note: there will be no car parking available on the School grounds and no access for vehicles. Please do not attempt to enter the School from Goddington Lane or use the School’s postcode if using a Sat Nav. If you are travelling by car, you are strongly advised to park well away from the School.
- Access to the School will be via the Park Avenue gates only (postcode BR6 9EG) from where candidates will be escorted to their allocated exam venue. Parents / carers will not be allowed to enter the school grounds until the collection time. In the event of a genuine emergency, please speak to a member of staff at the gates.
- Candidates must arrive no later than their allocated time as we cannot guarantee that late arrivals will be admitted to the Test. Please ensure that candidates are dressed appropriately for the weather conditions on the day as there may be some waiting time outside.
- Please provide candidates with pens for the English Paper, and pencils, an eraser and a ruler for the Mathematics Paper, all in a clear pencil case or bag. Mobile telephones, wristwatches and calculators are not allowed in the Test. You may wish to provide a bottle of water in a clear bottle with the label removed and a light snack for the break between papers. We politely request that no nuts are included in snacks for the health and safety of other candidates.
- If you have not already supplied details of any special educational needs and disabilities, known medical needs or other circumstances which may require positive action on the day of the Test, they must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org without delay.
- If the candidate is unwell on the day of the Test, to such an extent that you feel his results will be affected, you should not let him sit the Test as no allowance can be made for under-performance. You must inform the School no later than the day of the Test, either by email (email@example.com) or telephone (01689 820101). Please note that a doctor’s certificate will be required to confirm illness as the reason for non-attendance. Subject to receiving appropriate documentary evidence, an alternative day will be offered.
- Candidates should be collected promptly from the designated collection area, via the Park Avenue gates, at the time given and note that candidates will not be allowed to leave the collection point without an appropriate adult.
Thank you in advance for your co-operation in helping to make the day run as smoothly as possible for all concerned.