Each year up to 4 places are available for boys to join St. Olave’s as Wakeham Choristers at The Queen’s Chapel of the Savoy.
The Chapel belongs to Her Majesty The Queen as part of the Duchy of Lancaster. It stands on the north bank of The Thames just below the Savoy Hotel. The original Chapel dates back to the Middle Ages and was destroyed in 1318 in the Peasants’ Revolt. The present Chapel is the last surviving building of a hospital founded by Henry VII in 1512 for homeless people.
Over the last 40 years, trebles in the Choir have been drawn exclusively from St. Olave’s and in recent times have been known as Wakeham Choristers in recognition of the 49 years of association that the late Michael Wakeham had with the Choir.
Please see further information in the menus to the left.