Mrs S. Platts - Head of Careers
Careers Education Information Advice and Guidance
The Careers Department is responsible for the organisation and arranging of various activities in school.
It is a statutory requirement for maintained schools and academies to provide Years 8-11 with the opportunity to access information regarding technical education qualifications and apprenticeships.
Students will be given the opportunity to gain an insight into the work of professionals and apprentices from industries and providers during a range of initiatives including the careers interview programme and a wide range of school careers events which include:
- Weekly news with latest Careers / Higher Education / Apprenticeship / opportunities HERE
- Careers Thursdays, where outside speakers talk about their career path, a particular profession and apprenticeship opportunities.
- Careers and progression Interviews
- The Morrisby test in Year 10 (psychometric testing) to support career choices
- Higher Education Evening in Year 12
- Sixth Form practice interviews which take place at the end of Year 12 to help prepare students for forthcoming university, apprenticeship or job interviews.
- We are a partner school with InvestIN Education
- Students in Years 10 to 13 have access to the Springpod platform to find work experience and careers ambassadors.
- Careers Information is also delivered during PSHE.
Our objective is to deliver independent advice to our students so that they can make constructive choices to achieve their aims and ultimately fulfil their ambitions. This advice is available throughout the year via the online resources in this section, through the careers areas located in both school libraries and through independent advice at certain points of the academic year.
All years are encouraged to visit the Careers Library, especially when choosing GCSE, A-Level options, and Higher Education Courses. Our Careers Policy Statement is available to download below and via the Policies page of this website.
|Further information relating to the St. Olave's Grammar School Careers Provision is available here:|
|Programme Summary||Latest Careers/HE Opportunities||Careers Talks|
|Work Experience||Higher Education||Unifrog|
|Apprenticeships||Online Resources||Library Resources|
The government website for careers guidance is the National Careers Service
Contact our Careers Lead, Mrs Platts for further information: