Entrance Test Information
Our Admissions Policy is available hereSample Questions
|stage 2 entrance test 12 november 2021|
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING EXAM ARRANGEMENTS:
The format of the Test is as follows:
|English Paper||60 minutes|
|Mathematics Paper||60 minutes|
Please ensure that you follow the instructions below.
- There will be NO ENTRY to the school via the Goddington Lane gates. Please do not attempt to enter the School from Goddington Lane or use the School’s postcode if using a Sat Nav as you will be redirected by site staff to the access point in Park Avenue.
- Access to the School will be via the Park Avenue pedestrian gates only. There will be no car parking available on the School grounds and no access for vehicles (unless previously agreed with the School). If you are travelling by car, you are strongly advised to park well away from the School as there will be parking restrictions in Park Avenue and Goddington Lane and this area gets easily congested which could lead to delays in your son’s arrival. When parking, we would ask you to be courteous to our neighbours, park responsibly and allow enough time to complete the remainder of your journey on foot. Please be aware that there will be traffic enforcement officers patrolling Park Avenue to assist with the flow of traffic.
- There will be a queueing system according to colour group each side of the Park Avenue gates as follows:
- Parents will not be allowed through the gates at drop off time; candidates will be taken directly from the Park Avenue gates and up to their exam venues in their colour groups.
- Candidates must arrive no later than their allocated time as we cannot guarantee that late arrivals will be admitted to the Test.
- Your child will be asked to use the hand gel provided at the gates as he enters the school grounds.
- Please ensure that your child is dressed appropriately for the weather conditions on the day of the Test as he may be asked to remain outside until his colour group is ready to proceed to its examination room. In addition, the exam venues – whilst heated – will be well ventilated.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Please print out these candidate instructions and make sure your son has the front page showing colour group and candidate details with him.
- Please provide the candidate with pens (blue or black ink) for the English Paper, and pencils, an eraser and a ruler for the Mathematics Paper, all in a clear pencil case or clear bag. Mobile telephones, wristwatches and calculators are not allowed in the Test. You may wish to provide a bottle of water in a clear bottle with the label removed and a light snack for the break between papers. We politely request that NO NUTS are included in snacks for the health and safety of other candidates.
- Any medication must be placed in a clear plastic bag. If you have not already advised us of medication that will be brought on the day of the Test, please do so immediately.
- Your child may wear a mask during the exam, but this is not compulsory. If sending a mask, please ensure it is a plain, block colour with no writing on it and of the type with loops to go around his ears.
- If you have not already supplied details of any special educational needs and disabilities, known medical needs or other circumstances which may require positive action on the day of the Test, they must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org delivered to the School without delay. Please also supply your child’s Care Plan, if appropriate. Please see the website for our SEND arrangements.
- If your child is unwell on the day of the Test, to such an extent that you feel his results will be affected, you should not let him sit the Test as no allowance can be made for under-performance. You must inform the School no later than the day of the Test, either by email or telephone (01689 820101). Please note that a doctor’s certificate will be required to confirm illness as the reason for non-attendance at the Stage 2 test. Subject to receiving appropriate documentary evidence, an alternative day will be offered.
- If your child or a member of his immediate family are self-isolating due to Covid-19 on the day of the test, please alert the school immediately and provide documentary evidence from his primary school attendance officer, the NHS or your place of work without delay.
- Parents/carers will not be allowed to enter the school buildings for any reason, including to use toilet facilities. In the case of a genuine emergency, please speak to a member of staff outside. Please note that there are no facilities for parents/carers to wait while their son is taking the Test.
- Due to the complexity of the arrangements, we are unable to reallocate any child to a different exam group or session.
Please collect your child promptly at the time given on his Candidate Instruction sheet. You will be guided to a designated area to wait until your son’s group arrives at the relevant ‘Collection Point’. Please note that the collection points for each group differ and those in PINK and YELLOW groups will need to allow sufficient time to walk up the path from the Park Avenue gates and around to their differing collection points within the School’s grounds. All collection points will be marked with a coloured flag representing group’s colour.
Thank you in advance for your co-operation in helping to make the day run as smoothly as possible for all concerned.
Ideally you would use public transport or walk to St. Olave’s Grammar School for the SET, however we appreciate that you may be reluctant to use public transport at the current time so we would urge you to research your journey to use in advance. There is plenty of parking (some free and some paid for) in local Orpington town centre (denoted by the blue and red dots on the map below). The Park Avenue entrance to the School is approximately a 15 minute walk from the top end of the High Street.