SIMS Parent App Help
Providing secure, easy access to important information for parents/carers
To help you to stay in touch with your child’s progress at St.Olave's, we ask Parent's/Carer's to sign up to the SIMS Parent App. This app provides a convenient way to communicate information to you, regarding your son's/daughter's progress as well as giving you the opportunity to update your contact details.
You can access the system from a smartphone, tablet or PC - anytime, anywhere using one of the following federated, third party account providers: Microsoft/Twitter/Office365/Facebook or Google.
The information available via the Parent App will help you to stay up-to-date with your son’s/daughter's school life as well as support their development and progress.
What is available via the SIMS Parent App?
Important information such as your child's:
- Conduct (information alerts regarding achievement)
- The School details, Calendar and Term Dates
- Access to Interim Reports,internal Sixth Form Offer letters, UCAS Predicted grades etc.
- Personalised reminders of forthcoming dates/events specific to your child's year group
- Ability to submit updates for contact and emergency contact details, medical and other information, to ensure the School always has the most up-to-date data for you and your child in case of emergency.
- If you have more than one child at St. Olave's, you will have access to information for each via the same app.
How do Parents/Carers sign-up for the Parent App?
The school will issue Parents/Carers with a unique registration code via an email from email@example.com.
This will be accompanied by instructions to download and sign up for the App.
For further guidance on using the App please see the following links:
Introducing the Parent App - Registration What do I need to Register to access the App?Frequently Asked Questions Problems/solutions using the Parent App and where information is pubished in it Parent App - troubleshooting
The Parent App 'piggybacks' off the login credentials of a federated account) You will require a federated account with one of the following third party providers to sign up to an subsequently use the Parent App:
(or a SIMS ID account, which the majority of parents/carers will not have).
Please ensure you use the same third-party account provider when accessing the Parent App as you used to initially sign-up to use the App.
How do I download the SIMS Parent App?
The SIMS Parent app can be downloaded for free from the Apple Store (iOS) or the Play Store (Android).
1. Open the Play Store or Apple Store on your device.
2. Using the Search facility, enter SIMS Parent.
3. Select SIMS Parent by Capita Plc from the search results.
4. Tap READ MORE for more information or INSTALL to download the app.
5. Once the app has downloaded successfully, tap Open to register and start using the app.
(Parents must not attempt to register using SIMS ID. The SIMS ID option is for use by some school staff only.)
Should you experience a problem with the Parent App that is not covered by the guidance above, please contact us via the following link: