SIMS Parent App Help
Providing secure, easy access to important information for Parents/Carers
St. Olave's asks all Parent's/Carer's to sign up to the SIMS Parent App, being one of our main methods of communicating important information regarding your son's/daughter's progress, including their school reports, conduct, timetable and more.
The Parent App also allows Parents/Carers to update their own or their child's emergency contact details and data online.
Signing up to the SIMS Parent App
The School will send Parents/Carers an invitation to register an account to access the SIMS Parent App. This will be emailed from firstname.lastname@example.org
|Once this invite is received, an account can be registered in TWO ways. Either by:|
Option 1: by creating a SIMS ID account and validating their email,
Option 2: by utilising a pre-existing Federated (Third Party) account.
Guidance on Registering
Option 1 (recommended):
Creating a SIMS ID account & password which is then used to login to the Parent App1. Guide to Registering to use the SIMS Parent App by creating a SIMS ID Account
Option 2 (alternative option):
Utilising one of the following Federated account (third party) providers: Microsoft / Twitter / Office365 / Apple ID / Facebook or Google which is then used to log into the Parent App2. Guide to Registering to use the SIMS Parent App using a federated (Third Party) Account
Once registered, Parents/Carers can access SIMS Parent by either:
- A smartphone or tablet (using the SIMS Parent App), or
- Using a laptop/PC via: www.sims-parent.co.uk
What is available via the SIMS Parent App?
Important information such as your child's:
- All Student Reports
- Conduct (information alerts regarding achievement; (Yr7 & 8 Merits will continue to be recorded in Student Planners only).
- The School details, Calendar and Term Dates
- Access to internal Sixth Form Offer letters, UCAS Predicted grades etc.
- Personalised reminders of forthcoming dates/events specific to your child's year group
- Ability to submit updates for contact and emergency contact details, medical and other information, to ensure the School always has the most up-to-date data for you and your child in case of emergency.
- If you have more than one child at St. Olave's, you will have access to information for each via the same app.
IMPORTANT: (this relates ONLY to parents/carers who already have an active 'SIMS PAY' account at another school associated with their child's previous Primary school or perhaps for a sibling at a different school, which needs to be retained: Please follow the following instructions instead to register to sign up to the SIMS Parent App at St.Olave's:
- Do NOT click the link in the invitation to register for the Parent App you will receive from St.Olave's (generated from email@example.com)
- Go to: https://id.sims.co.uk/registration/Home/soscode
- Select Sign in to SIMS ID
- Enter your existing username and password (that the other school will have given you)
- Copy and paste the invite code from your invite e-mail
- Click Register"
Step-by-step guides & further help:
Alternate Registration process for those who have an existing SIMS PAY accountGuidance for parents/carers who do not have a Third party (Federated) accountFrequently Asked Questions Refreshing your access to the SIMS Parent AppProblems/solutions using the SIMS Parent App and finding information within it Adding to your 'Safe Sender' list
The Parent App itself does not have a password. Instead, users access the Parent App via the account they used (or created) for the registration process.
This would have been either Creating a SIMS ID account and password or utilisting one of the following existing Federated Accounts Microsoft / Twitter / Office365 / Facebook / Google or Apple ID.
Please ensure you use the SAME account when accessing the Parent App as you used to complete the initial registration process.
The registration code is a one-off code, required to complete the registration process only and is valid for 3 months. Once your registration is successful, you will not need to use this code again.
How do I download the SIMS Parent App?
The SIMS Parent app can be downloaded for free from the Apple Store (iOS) or the Play Store (Android).
1. Open the Play Store or Apple Store on your device.
2. Using the Search facility, enter SIMS Parent.
3. Select SIMS Parent by Capita Plc from the search results.
4. Tap READ MORE for more information or INSTALL to download the app.
5. Once the app has downloaded successfully, tap Open to register and start using the app.
(Parents must not attempt to register using SIMS ID. The SIMS ID option is for use by some school staff only.)
Should you experience a problem with the Parent App that is not covered by the guidance above, please contact us via the following link: