A number of extra-curricular productions take place during the year. We alternate between a musical and a play for our main school show, with recent productions including ‘Guys and Dolls’,’The Crucible’ and ‘Les Miserables’.
On the years we have a whole school play, we also have an additional production of extracts from different musicals to provide opportunities for singing and dancing. These large scale school productions are supplemented by student-directed plays, with recent offerings including ‘Our Town’ and ‘Twelfth Night’.
Each October we also have a show to mark Black History Month which aims to celebrate the contribution of Black artists to British culture. The evening includes performed extracts from plays, readings of poetry and extracts from novels, singing and dancing.
Lower School Productions have included ‘Grimm Tales’ and ‘Lord of the Flies’, and we have also taken part in The National Theatre Connections scheme, performing a specially commissioned play ‘Hearts’ at The Marlowe Theatre in Canterbury.
For those interested in writing, students have the opportunity to write their own short play which we enter in to The National Theatre ‘New Views’ competition. This scheme has only been running for three years, and we have had students in the finals twice, resulting in a rehearsed reading by professional actors at the theatre. All of this is supported by theatre visits throughout the year.
Congratulations to the following Students who have recently achieved LAMDA certifications:
- Darsh Prakash (Yr7) achieved a Distinction in his LAMDA Speaking in Public Grade 3
- Daanish Ashiq (Yr10) achieved a Distinction in LAMDA Speaking in Public Grade 4
- Rohan Mann achieved a Distinction in his Grade 7 Public Speaking Exam
- Yash Ghanate (Yr10) achieved a Distinction in LAMDA Grade 7
- Shrish Devaramani (Yr10) achieved LAMDA Level 3 Certification in Communication ( Grade 7) Speaking in Public Grade 7-Silver Medal with Distinction.
- Askhit Gupta (Yr9) achieved a Distinction in his Grade 4 in Speaking in Public.
- Antaraa Suryanarayanan (Yr 12) achieved a Distinction in her Grade 8 Devised Drama
- Sanay Godha achieved a Distinction in the Prose and Verse Grade 3 exam and a Merit in Acting Grade 3 exam.
- Samarth Patki (Yr9) achieved a Distinction both his LAMDA Public Speaking Grade 4 and LAMDA Acting Grade 4 Exams
- Shaun Abraham (Y11) achieved a high Merit in his Acting Grade 7 - Solo - Silver Medal
- Arnav Singh (Yr 8) achieved a Distinction in his Grade 3 Acting exam
- Shaurya Mehra (Yr8) achieved a Distinction in both his LAMDA Acting and Duo Grade 3 examination.
- Rishi Nandakumar was awarded a high Distinction in LAMDA (Public Speaking Grade 6)
Also to the following who have achieved certificates throughout 2022